My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, November 03, 2006

Workplace Mischief

Today's been like any other friday with the exception of a move that I'm still wondering if it was a good idea after all. Oh well, the deed has already been done, and all I can do is wait till she reads it~whenever that may be. Maybe I should fill in a bit of the background, shouldn't I?

For weeks now, I've had my eye on a Raven-haired woman in my office. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know my name, but I've had enough contact with her where she would recognize me in public. I flirt with her every chance I get and I make sure she catches me looking at her when I pass by her desk. Trusted coworkers don't seem to think she's attractive, but I think she's foxy as hell. I have no idea if she's attached, but I intend to find out, even if it means completely exposing my motive to her.


Digressing a moment...how does one find out if someone is attached without asking them? I'm sure I could look to see if she had any rings, but damn, her cleavage and that hair of hers just gets in the way. It doesn't help that she has freckles either. Gawd help me!

Since we're at 'work', I've been in midst of internal conflict to break one of my own rules: Don't fish in the company pond. The last fish I had didn't turn out so good, in fact, it took me months to recover from it.

Anyway, after much consideration, I decided to let her know anonymously what I think of her in the form of a hand-written note. Being that I'm a bastard pervert~uh, perfectionist, it took me a while to find the words to say to her, but I eventually settled for 'short and sweet':

--------------------
To the Sexy Woman with black hair,
I find it increasingly difficult to see you here at work every day and not say how absolutely beautiful I think you are.
-Anonymous
--------------------

I left the note on her driver's side window, so there's little doubt she will miss it. Lately, it's been raining, so it might get a little wet and maybe if she likes the message, she might as well. Either way, it's there for her to see and hopefully enjoy. I'm pretty sure she will know it's me, but there's a fair bit of intrigue in getting a note from an anonymous admirer.

I'm curious what any of you think about leaving notes for someone you admire? Think it's creepy? Got any tips on how I can 'up the ante'? Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Hope you all have a nice weekend. I'll be updating my blog quite a bit in the next few days. I have 4 days worth of drafts to finish up, so stay tuned!

9 Comments:

Blogger LD2 said...

Good luck!!! :)

Hmm, last time I did that I was at camp.. and I finally admitted to the guy on the last day. He was a year older, and worked there as the sound tech. I only wished I had talked to him sooner! Oh well.

Anyways, I don't find it creepy.. it's a bit cute! (no offense)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I would love it myself, having that happen to me. BTW, tobi, I've been checking your blog everyday, and had nothing posted for over a week until tonight. Then to find you've been posting a fair bit! What's up with blogland? Anyone else have that????
And answer to your comment on my blog, yes, there is halloween outside USA!!! (just recently!)

6:50 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

BTW, loved the fruit salad thingy you posted on my blog. no 5 I know VERY well. (My kids being wiggles fans!)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Ordinary Girl said...

Aw, that's sweet and hot all at the same time :-) If she likes you too it'll bowl her over. /if not then it will have made her weekend anyway. Win win!! Hopefully!

6:14 AM  
Blogger ~Jenn said...

I think that was very romantic. Please let me know how it goes!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Sam, the reason it appears that blogspot does that is because I usually will store drafts and come back to them later. It will always show the date the thread was started rather than when it was finished.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Update: Unfortunately, pretty woman has taken the day off. There's a part of me that's a bit nervous about the timing of her taking the day off.

Hopefully, I'll have better news tomorrow.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Ordinary Girl said...

ooooh, can't wait!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

hot note!! id enjoy it, even if it was to laugh with certain friends (prob the girls from work) about the creepy note. i wouldnt mean 'creepy' creepy tho, u know. although it does imply u know her car!

u def got a hot valentines to work on , coming up!

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home