My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Another inebriated rant

So why is it that I keep the truth from people even when it burns me up inside? Politeness? Consideration for others' feelings? General Ettiquette? *shrugs* Whatever the root feeling, I wish to be able to purge it so I can say, 'Hey, since you're not making any conversation with us, why don't you go somewhere else?'.

Tell me if this is not something that needs to be said out loud. I'll explain....

Tuesday night at the pub: Big V and I on another attempt at measuring his wingman skills (or lack thereof) and other non-specific goals. The highlights:

- I spent an abnormal amount of time admiring a young woman who also served me food recently. At least she's 21, right?

I'll pause for a short digression...it's interesting to see how people are while they're in 'professional mode' as well as when they let their proverbial hair down in public, namely under the influence of alcohol. Needless to say, I think I need to find reasons to visit the local butcher's shop in the near future. Moving on....

- Back to being honest with strangers...Big V had an old acquaintence, a 'younger sister of a friend' pay us a visit while we were at the pub. She was a brunette, cute, had some tatoos, seemed a little high maintenance, but otherwise placed herself at our table on grounds of association with Big V. 'Fair game' was the non-verbal hint I picked up from Big V, so I start talking to her, trying my best to start a conversation, asking her about what she does, etc. This is the paranoid me talking now...am I doing something wrong by asking her questions? What else do I do? Stare? I guess I didn't want to be rude. Here's a hint...If you're going to sit at someone's table in a bar, please have something to fucking say or contribute. I counted 3 people sitting at a table. Sure there was deafening interpretations of music blaring in the background, but you sat down at a table where you knew 50% of the populace and~nevermind. *takes a deep breath* Said girl at our table decided that she was only going to give me short answers and nothing more. Frankly, I've had more entertaining conversations with my pets.

I felt like asking her to leave. Why didn't I just come right out and say it? I already got away with calling her 'boring' to her face. Clearly she was at least obstructing my view from the other lovely women in the establishment. Regardless, I think the principal of the matter is that she willingly sat at our table and then thwarted any attempts at generating conversation. And...that's really not the problem, is it? Even when I walked up to the pub, I said out loud, 'I'm getting too old for this shit dude.' I think next time, I'll ask her to go somewhere else if she's not going to talk.

Okay, rant over, I'll call mulligan when I'm closer to sobriety. It's fucking late and I have to be up in 4 hours. Will finish further observations at the pub later when I get sleep.

10 Comments:

Blogger always kris said...

Ha! I totally agree with you, say it next time. Isnt it amazing the things that we will say as we gracefully "age"? I know in my younger days I would have withheld many a rude comments, but as I get older, I say, "what do I have to lose?" and out they come! I have always wanted to be a real bitch! lol Being nice ALL the time gets you no where apparently.

6:57 AM  
Blogger always kris said...

and as far as your post below, "the 'good' kind of sore"? I can think of another way too. lol

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ordinary Girl said...

Lol, I agree with both you too Tobi. Hell, people need to learn manners!

And Kris, I can think of another way too :-)

2:58 PM  
Blogger always kris said...

I need one those right about now too OG! lol ;-)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Hehe, you ladies should know that I always look for the perverted angle on something. It's also a great way to spot the other pervs.

CAUGHT!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Kris! Seeing a side of you I haven't come across yet!(why u get along so well with joe?) Yep, here's perv no 3. Dont let the sort of professional blog fool you! Thanks for looking at my blogg, Tobi. Hope you found it interesting, as I find yours.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

LOL at the conversations with pets are better bit. I know exactly what u mean.

You did the right thing asking herquestions, exactly what I would want, starting a conversation. She was a blocker. Waste of time blocker, blocking u from meeting other hot girls ... next time, move her out the way and give her to V - classic that you got to say 'boring' to her face!

4:17 PM  
Blogger always kris said...

LMAO @ CAUGHT!


*blushing*

6:49 AM  
Blogger always kris said...

come on Tobi, get drunk, put your halo on and come post for us! lol

11:50 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

She was cock-blocking. Bitch. Fuck her.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home