My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, September 25, 2006

The weekend in review ('Cure for Insomniacs' version)

Like any good nerd, I spent my weekend in front of my computer doing absolutely nothing productive. Let's cover the events:

Friday night, on my way home, I stopped by the 'BevMo' (*said in his best yuppie accent*) and picked up a few pints of the 'Arrogant Bastard' Ale. Bitter, how I like it, and potent for Yankee beer.

A beer and a joint later, I'm in front of this damn thing again for a friday night raid on the Blackwing lair. I picked up something nice along the way. Had more beer and another joint and slept until about 9am.

Saturday, I saw a movie with big V. We saw Fearless with Jett Li..it rocked.

On the way home, we decided to stop in at the Pub. It was pretty crowded, but we eventually found a table outside and had a few pints. There were some very nice looking ladies, including the Bartender. The two women I talked with made coffee for a living, but they didn't really seem very interested in men, plus big V is a bigger scaredy-cat than I am when it comes to talking to random women, so he pretty much talked on his phone the whole time. He's totally off my 'wingman' list now.

I'll digress for a moment to give props to myself for at least striking up a conversation with women. It's something I have had difficulty readjusting to after being out of the dating scene for so long. It might sound pretty simple to do for some people, but it's been an act of self control to force myself to do it. I've seen the results of striking up conversations with random people and I'm convinced that it works.

Saturday evening ended with a memorable phone call.

Sunday, another day of leisure and relaxation. One fault for writing about things retroactively is that you see for yourself that you could've been more efficient with your time. What an annoying observation, albeit the truth.

I barely remember Monday because work was more of a blur. Busy days are ideal for making the day progress quickly. Unfortunately, being in a routine also allows me to literally grind days away without even realizing it.

The introspective me has been on the hunt for answers on what to do with my life. I've always been a proscrastinator, but that's one habit I want to break before I'm too broken to save. As a parent that no longer lives with his children (after raising them for the first 7 and 5 years of their life), I find it difficult to feel like I'm making an impact on their lives. I can either move closer to them, or they can move closer to me, but it wouldn't be as immediate as I want.

I can feel my mood slipping a bit into the negative while I wrote this because I began to feel that guilt again. It's a goal of mine to live with them again and be apart of their lives. The distance is now taking it's toll on me I think.

This is a good time for me to find something else to do besides sit in front of the computer. Have a day.

6 Comments:

Blogger always kris said...

I laughed at you taking big V off your wingman list. Do women have wingwomen? Nawww, so what do we call our friends who are our "wingwomen"?

6:39 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

What about starting a blog with the kids, a way to communicate closer but not needing to be in person. could be good for their education also ? dunno, was thinking recently it wd be a great idea for split families, long distance rels etc.

And Kris - sometimes my girlfriends help me find men, other times they steal em, women are crap wingmen.

4:34 AM  
Blogger always kris said...

Joie, maybe its best to have a married woman wingman? LOL

7:37 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Actually, a woman is an ideal wingman because there's a possibility you can go home with her if nothing else bites. And hopefully she bites.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about that bartending job?

8:48 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

That unfortunately never happened. Not having any serving experience probably didn't help my plea.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home