My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, January 12, 2007

And now for something completely different

It has been said that we should focus solely on the positive things in our life and not sweat the crap we have no control to change. The analytical beast in me ran with the idea of things I cannot change and came up with a list:

- My penis size: Nobody ever says they're happy with their penis size and truly means it.

- My height: I'm not the tallest male in my family, but then again, I'm not the shortest. At 5'7", I enjoy being eye level with most tall women's cleavage~rumor has it, they like that too.

- Politics: This would require too much effort with little return for me to attempt to change.

- My love life: or I should say 'lack thereof'. Forcing change in this element seems to only cause more problems than making any improvements to my life. I'm letting this part just coast since it frustrates me much less.

- Other drivers: Drivers who use both of their feet to drive, AND they have automatic transmission. Who the fuck drives with their foot on the break and the other on the Accellerator? Killing people on the road warrants too harsh of a penalty. 'But they deserved it' would not be a reasonable excuse.

- Other people: No matter how much we think it will improve their lives, we should only intervene when they are a threat to others (or kittens).

- Fate: I'm still trying determine if this is real or not. I believe things simply happen and there's not a thing we can do to prepare ourselves for it.

- Time: I intend to enjoy it for as long as I'm alive. I also intend to show my children how important it is they are efficient with theirs. Ironically, I received very poor marks in my educational background for not using my time wisely. *shrugs*

- Physics: Unfortunately, I am still getting over not being able to control this element.

In retrospect, I guess I do have control over more things than I give myself credit. I scratched off the list quite a few things that I later deduced were, in fact, in my control. Maybe making lists is what I need to do when I need to take inventory of my life.

Completely off the subject, I have been trying to influence my childrens' musical tastes. My son likes rock, which is a good start. He enjoys Green Day and the Killers so far. The daughter has been a little harder to please with music. She hates classical (almost cried when she said that), but seems to like No Doubt and Kelly Clarkeson.

The son made me laugh out loud when I attempted to get them to listen to Madonna's 'Holiday'. I asked them, 'Do you guys know who Madonna is?' The boy replied, 'Yeah, she's Old!'. There you have it...life from the viewpoint of an 11yr old boy.

Okay, enough rambling for me. Hope you're all doing well!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your talk about drivers reminded me of this recent driving safety commercial thats out right now. It gives examples of a number of typical bad drivers. The most memorable was the guy who changes his pants while driving.

It reminds me of when I was driving and at the time I thought and felt like I was in complete control despite the fact that I was doing really really stupid things. Such as driving with my knee, putting on make-up, eating, going way too fast, and yes I was the idiot who changed her clothes while driving from time to time.

Thankfully I'm a much safer driver.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Mummy said...

Lists ROCK!!!!

Kelly Clarkson is good taste, but yes, i agree its sad they dont like classical, but it sounds like your boy has the gift!!

Trying to stop myself for asking after your penis size!! But, yip, even the really big boys arent content with what they have... its like women and tit size. Grass greener etc

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home