My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No tears yet

But I think the time will come when I need to shed my grief like a cocoon and start with a fresh coat of skin. I also think it's necessary to do so every once in a while. My skin is fairly tough (at least I think so), but it can only deflect so many things before holes start developing and then I have start anew.

Crying aside, now's not really the time to waste time getting upset about things that wont get solved without action. Speaking of action, today, I had a secondary interview with a company that is looking to hire before the end of the month.

I think it went pretty well, but I don't want to get my hopes up about it. In the past, I've felt really good about other interviews and they ended up going with other people. Best to not get attached to something I may not have, right? Seems safe at this point to think that I am one of the people they are genuinely considering to do this job, but nothing beyond that.

When I asked the interviewer if he thought I was qualified to do the job, he told me that he felt I was overqualified. I was on the other end of the scale; thinking that I was under-qualified to do the job and I voiced my reasoning to him. He seemed to take what I said under consideration, so hopefully he now believes I am an ideal fit for the job.

Who knows if this will make a difference or not, but I felt it necessary to know where I stood in his perspective. Although I have a solid foundation of understanding to their job tasks, I have almost zero exposure to another important aspect of their job; Operating systems and Servers. For those of you that don't know what this means, it's best to describe it like this...An example of an Operating system (or O.S. to us nerds) is Windows or Mac. They're both different, but they provide the same function. A user interface that allows you to perform your desired tasks. In a nutshell, my experience is very limited with these and if anything, I'm only an intermediate user at best. Anyway, before I start digressing further, I think you get my point.

So I will wait for their word, whether good or bad and keep my fingers crossed for this one.

Even if it's a no, in the last few days, I've been contacted by 3 other companies regarding employment. It made me feel really good to know that I'm finally getting through to people. I already have an interview lined up for this coming Thursday and another one next week. I'm not one to offer premonitions, but I feel that I will have a job before the end of the month. I'd rather have one before that, partly because I'd like to pay my rent on time, but beggars can't be choosers.

That's all for now, thanks for stopping in!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Yay! I'm glad things are looking up. It's hard to start over, takes a while.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home