My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Crossing the Line Part 2

Lately, I've been attempting to help a Woman restore the wireless connection she has at her home. Unfortunately, her problem is related to a misconfigured laptop provided by her company, so we have been working together every few days just to make sure our responsibility is cleared. Every time I speak with her, there's this air of charged chemistry in her voice and her accent renders me absolutely helpless to fight the urge to flirt. I know I should be more professional about this and considering she's in another state, I should find some way to stamp out this proverbial fire.

My stomach fluttered when she clearly indicated to me that I could call her anytime, even if it wasn't work related. I confess that I still have her added to my cellphone, but I find myself hesitant to call her. Why is it when a woman gives me attention, I lose my fucking mind?

Rhetorical question.

In my mind, my feet are stomping in frustration with this situation. I have a feeling that even if I moved to another part of the country, I'd still be in the same boat. Fuck me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Well how far away does she live? Denial will get you nowhere. I lived in denial for YEARS.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Vi said...

Call her Toby, may help with the post above.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

It's funny you ask Kat, she lives in the same state as you...on the eastern end though. It's hard getting out of the habit from denial after relying on it so much.

Thanks for the note vi, I was planning on calling her this weekend for a surprise.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd call her. Even if it is just for a phone-flirt. That can definitely boost the mood from your post above (as VI so smartly mentioned) It could be harmless fun and just what the psyche needs to get back in the game.

(blogging artist formally known as punky)

7:08 AM  
Blogger always kris said...

Tobi, cant comment on the post above...says you "disabled" it. I was just going to say, dont feel 'broken'...hugs to you (((Tobi)))

8:07 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Nice to have you back blogger formerly known as punky!

I appreciate the hug Kris, I disabled comments on purpose to avoid the feeling that I was looking for pity.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Mummy said...

if you order bread at your table for one, does that make you a bread basketcase?

sorry to hear about ur funk ... maybe calling da ladee will help ? Dont do it if it makes you lose your mind further tho ... but you should prob just relax and enjoy whatever happens. (and change your job, thats prob the biggest cause of said funk)

kia kaha

7:45 PM  
Blogger always kris said...

No pity tobi, just understanding. I think we have all felt that way at some point...and probably all will again.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home