My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, February 09, 2007

I blame the Captain

Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum is responsible for the comments following this short disclaimer.

*belch*

Anyway, I resemble a broken soul right now. Broken, I say? With good reason, I sit before thee with intentions of bearing my heart for all to see and mock if the mood is right. My fingers stumble over my thoughts as gather them in my inebriated state. I have much to express and little to hide while the Captain's truth serum guides me to enlightenment.

Some of you may remember that I have two beautiful offspring to unleash upon the world. While I am, myself, a youthful father, I worry that I wont give my children the proper tools to survive the evils of society. This is something I think we all give warranted grief towards and hope that the knowledge we pass upon them will someday lead them to success. I worry, I admit this, that my example will taint their perspective, but also hope that they will learn from my mistakes and learn from their own. I can only hope.

The Rum is quickly taking over my motor skills and ability to rationalize why I began the thread in the first place. This surely isn't the best Spiced Rum i've had in my history. I recall tasting and indulging in some Oz rum that both quenched my palate and kicked my backside into insobriety, but I still can't remember the name to save my miserable hide. Maybe Rumple will remind me so I can say that I've had a taste of his homeland and lived to tell the tale.

Rumple is a bloke that married my sister's friend and eventually brought her back to Australia. I can recall when she came back after a few years of being there. Although she was only in her early 20's, the continent quickly assimilated any resemblance of her American accent/demeanor. This was my first experience with how ones' environment could alter their whole pattern of speech and gave me an appreciation of how complex our minds were to adaptation.

Aside from my nerdy observations, she was the same as she ever was~sweet and considerate to those in her presence. Out of all of my sister's friends, Leese was by far, my favorite personality. It was only appropriate that she met Rumple at Uni and gave him his first-born. Some day, I will visit them in a place called Queensland which I have yet to Google.

I'm sure there's some point to my meaningless rambling, but I again have to blame the Captain for his negative influence over me. Maybe this is a good sign that I need to pack up my inebriated ass and head to slumber.

Yeah.

Thanks for the buzz Captain, I will always be a worthy crewmember as long as I can stagger in your general direction for guidance.

*HIC*

Msadlf;kjh;lkjh'lkjsa'dfljth;l*snore*

5 Comments:

Blogger Vi said...

The rum in question is Bundaberg Rum! Also known as Bundy! I've never known a rum to make blokes so agro.

Queensland! Where I'm from!

Oh, I've been in the UK for 11 years, and I've still got my accent thank you very much (and proud of it!)

4:51 AM  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

Mmmmmm Bundy Rum!!!!

YEAH BABY!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I prefer to drink vodka while posting drunkenly.

12:04 PM  
Blogger always kris said...

I need to find a drink. I dont drink a lot. Beer is about all I ever have at home. Drinking just puts me to sleep and I do that well enough to not need help. lol

7:39 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Your comment wouldn't let me reply to it. Send me your email address and I'll send you my other blog url. :)

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home