My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Shitty intentions

I'm sure it's probably not smart of me to be reviewing the job listings while here at work, but at this point, I'm rather indifferent if I'm discovered.

Recently, I've made some progress with updating my resume. I was shocked to see how long it had been since I even looked at it. At least it's finally out of the way. With how much I've been hating my job lately, it's amazing how long it took me to finally blow the dust off it (the resume, not my sex life).

Step 2, probably the easiest part of looking for another job, is to open up your internet browser and search for 'jobs'. Other than that Apple Computer Guy, you'll find a number of useful recruitment websites eager to pimp you out. Back during the Dotcom boom, you couldn't leave your resume on one of these sites for a day without someone calling you about a job. *sigh* Those were the days. Thankfully, the job market has picked up here in Cal, so my chances of finding something else are pretty high.

This will be a rare opportunity for me to search for a job while I'm currently employed. I'm quite excited to be in this position since it's much easier to interview when you already have a job. Before, I have always been at a stage of desperation with finding another job, and that can only hurt you during the searching/interview process.

It will be interesting to see what kind of bites I get when I resign myself to choosing a job website. I can't see myself using more than one, maybe two because it takes too long to sort through the current job listing at just one site.

Anyway, I'm tired of this fucking job and I'm starting to do something about it. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vi said...

YAY TOBI!!!!!

Glad you are biting a bullet and doing something about it. One thing you DO have control of over your life, is your work. Happy in that, the rest will follow.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

Best of luck ... !

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home