My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Updating the Playlist

Today, in spite of doing anything remotely work-related, I updated my dusty playlist. JD always has something related to music in her posts. This tells me that she's very serious about her music. At a glance, I see that my mp3 folder is now responsible for 50% of my total used space on my hard drive. I am also very music oriented since I can't seem to work without something going in the background.

Here's a sample of what's in my existing playlist (listed in no particular order of preference):

Weezer - Surf Wax America
The Clash - Clampdown
George Thoroughgood - One Burbon, one Scotch, one Beer
REM - Pop Song 89
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
Ben Harper - Faded
Johann Strauss II - The Blue Danube
Fishbone - Party at Ground Zero
Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch
Gustav Holst - The Planets (Jupiter is my fave!)
L7 - Pretend we're dead
Edvard Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King
The Vandals - Oi to the World
The Smiths - Unloveable
Nirvana - Kiss Molly's Lips
Daft Punk - Around the World
The Ziggens - I took my Mom to the Prom
The Eagles - Take it easy
Paul Van Dyke - Castles in the Sky
Orbital - Halcyon and on
Fatboy Slim - Funk Soul Brother
Grandaddy - AM180
Dead Kennedys - Jesus was a terrorist

I suppose the only genre I haven't included is something from the Rap Genre and maybe Country. Hm...at a second glance, it appears that I have:

Beastie Boys - No Sleep till Brooklyn
Run DMC - You be illin
Garth Brooks - Friends in low places

There! Those two genres are now covered.

Why is music so important to me? I wish I knew...I just love how it makes my brain do somersalts when the beat is right. A friend of mine asked me why I don't dance when I go with them to the Country Western Bar (aka the 'Saddlerack'). I suppose it's because I can't really relate to the music.

"Give me something I can dance to" I slur in response to her. She tells me that I would get laid if I asked more women to dance with me. Considering I don't get laid as it is, I suppose there's nothing to lose, but it sure does help when I enjoy the music. In a few weeks, I'll be going to the City (San Francisco) with friends to see a DJ friend play some music. There will be much indulgence that evening. I'm sure they will play music I can dance to and dance is what I'll do. If anything interesting happens, I'll be sure to share it with y'all.

The Present Weekend

This weekend, I plan on copious amounts of cuddling with the little girl while her brother wastes his youth on video games. I haven't seen them in a few weeks, and I'm starting to feel the effects of it (in the form of thinking about them more than I think about sex). Hard to believe that an extra week away from them would make me miss them so much.

Anyway, hope you all have a pleasant friday/saturday/weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home