My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Drug Binge that never was

This kidless weekend, I was intending to lose braincells in a number of ways at what I thought was going to be a private party in the City (San Francisco). I generally limit myself to this kind of entertainment to a few times a year, so it's not like I make it a habit.

The old days, before my children arrived, consisted of daily pot consuption followed by drinking in the evening and of course, more smoking. Even back then, I demonstrated some resemblance of responsability by only doing the really mind expanding drugs a few times a year. It helped that I had very cautious friends who taught me early that following a few simple rules would ensure I had a good time and remained safe. In a nutshell, I guess you could say that I've had a very positive exposure to recreational drug use.

Hence why I still look forward to the occasional mind-twisting weekends where I say afterwards, 'Thank fuck I don't do this very often'.

Moving on, Saturday evening arrived and my chemical additive representative failed to initiate a response to my communication. Oh well, there will always be other things to occupy the remaining braincells in it's absence.

We drove to the city in separate cars and eventually found a parking in the city, which was conveniently across the street from our destination. I can't remember the name of the place, but it was quite a bit more posh than I expected. The drinks were expensive, but I tend to be a lightweight when it comes to liquor. Several strong drinks later, and I was flirting with a few nice young ladies outside. They were cute, but didn't seem very available, but hey, I was very intoxicated and wouldn't have been able to tell if they were interested or not.

The after party, I can only remember bits and pieces of it. I do recall becoming very ill after consuming the 'thresh-hold' drink. The 'Thresh-hold' drink is that one last drink you have which you force yourself to consume with the knowledge it will likely push you over the edge.

Fortunately for me, there were many very helpful party-goers who took care of me by handing me bottles of water. After finally puking in a discreet place, I felt almost completely recovered from my intoxicated state. The last thing I remember is being hugged by a stranger whose name I somehow remembered as 'Candace'. She had sexy glasses and the hug made me wish I had flirted with her more.

Overall, I had a pretty good evening as did my friends. Next time, I think i'll be the Designated Driver so I can be more concious of my surroundings (and female signals).

The end.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Vi said...

When I have that 'threshold' drink, I tend to turn into a homing pigeon and take off, or can't remember the rest of the night. Think I'll try a weekend without the threshold.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

Ahh, good to know you can't hold your liquor.

(One drink and I'm tipsy; two and I'm naked.)

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home