My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Turbulent Waters

Yesterday was a pretty remarkable day in comparison to the others i've experience lately. It began like any other~shitty, and just shy of dental work. I was on the phones and being made aware that this wouldn't change in the coming months, yes...months.

Fortunately for me, I have made friends with some pretty wonderful people in my brief history.

Leave it to a friend of mine from far-away to brighten my day with a plant and a note wishing me a more pleasant day. When it arrived for me and I read the note, I nearly fell over from the truly kind and selfless gesture. It's not like me to become overwelmed with emotion, but I was having one of those days where I felt like my proverbial fuse had already been dipped in a highly flammable substance. Once I found a quiet spot, I shed a few tears just to ease the pressure until I could get it all out later.

My friend reads this blog once in a while, and I've been milling on how to communicate to her my appreciation for a few days now.

Dear Special Friend,

You pulled me out of the dark waters of despair when I least expected. Since I've known you, you have given me all the things only friends can deliver~honesty, compassion, an ear to bend, and a shoulder to cry upon. For this, you're stuck with me as your loyal and undying friend.

I hope to someday honor you with the same act of kindness, but it wont quite describe the love I feel for you, not nearly.

Thanks again for being there for me.

Lots of gushy love gobbildy-gook, etc.

Toby

5 Comments:

Blogger always kris said...

Awwwwwwwwwww! How sweet! Of your friend and of you. Thats wonderful Toby.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

How sweet of your friend! I've been thinking about you, you've seemed so down. Hope things get better now. :)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Vi said...

It's little things like that in life that makes it all worth while. Just like you said about my kids changing my mood without my knowing it. Mine did just that with a simple cuddle.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

I'm not as 'down' as I was once before. And thankfully, my kids will be with me this weekend.

Cross your fingers for me so I can get my car back at an inexpensive rate.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Lady in red said...

I have found that no matter how long it has been since contact has been made I always get a call or bump into an old friend just at the time I need it most...friends are the most special people in our lives. Some of us have very few others lots. I am lucky I have a variety of friends from different places.

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home