My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, July 30, 2007

My kids are cooler than yours

I have proof of this statement. How could I possibly say this like it's anything resembling fact? Because they're my kids and they'll always be smarter, better looking, and much better behaved than anyone elses' kids I know. Of course there's bias involved, why else would this be such an undisputed fact?

So I finally convinced my little girl to go see The Transformers movie with me. In retrospect, I'm amazed that she agreed to join me considering how adamant she was about not seeing it. I guess youngins assume that movies with Robots are 'Boy Movies' and movies with ponies and animals are 'Girl Movies'. As I'm sure that was the case, her only excuse for not seeing it was that she didn't like the commercials.

I had to totally guilt her into going with me, but I knew she would like it. I explained to her that I take her to see a number of movies I wouldn't normally want to sit through. She couldn't exactly say 'no' to me after that, but I humored her and waited patiently for her to tell me she would accompany me. I knew she's see things my way.

She seemed to enjoy the whole movie and there were even times when she was gleefully giggling at the dialogue. When it was all over, she actually said, 'Daddy, I'm glad you made me come to the movie'. In a feigned innocence, I told her she chose to come with me. Of course, the little shithead reminds me immediately afterwards, 'You said you would've left me at home otherwise.'

*snicker* Guilty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home