My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

The weekend's events and other meaningless gibberish

The Holiday Weekend turned out to be much nicer than I anticipated. I'm not sure why this happens, but it seems that I always end up having my kids on weekends where I have a day off. I prefer it this way, however, it would be nice to disappear for a few days to get away from the rat race once in a while.

The kids mostly swam in the pool the whole time. If I would let them, they'd stay in there all day, all weekend long. Before cleaning out the pool, my daughter was noting the unusual number of dead bugs in the pool. She even created a new word~what a nerd!

"Why are there so many dead bugs in the pool?"

"Because they fall in there from time to time. Maybe they're committing suicide!"

She recognized my sarcastic smirk and giggled in response, "Bugacide!"

Sometimes my brain hurts from what comes out of those kids' mouths.

Beaming proudly at her vocabulary, I said the only thing I could think of at the time, "I love you baby."

"I love you too Daddy"

Commense with heart melting sequence...gawd! I can't believe she came from my genepool!

Fucking June

Why does this month have to be so busy for me? I've got a Wedding to see~should be fun, but I can't afford to rent a tux much less find my suit. The suit's in Storage from what I've been told~I probably should've taken that after I got separated from the ex.

In addition to the wedding, my ex is going to graduate from nightschool on the same weekend my sisters will be visiting my parents. WTF does this have to do with me? I wish it didn't have shit to do with me, but unfortunately, I'm caught in the middle trying to accomidate to everyone.

Almost every day last week and the week before, I have gotten an email from my sister or my mother asking me what my plans are for that 3 week span they'll be in town. Truthfully, I'd love to see my family again, but my resources are stretched so thin, I can't even consider taking off more time.

I hated to do it, but I sent them an email yesterday asking them to kindly back off. It hurts me to tell my family to leave me alone, but I don't think I'm in the right mental state to face them. My mother replied later that day assuring me that they understood how I feel and that they'd be there for me if I wanted to talk about it.

The whole thing's made me pissy and it doesn't help that we're losing more people here at work. I have also been told that we're not hiring despite the fact that we've lost 6 in the last month alone. There's a serious fucking problem when you only have 50 people to do the job that requires 75-100 and you lose just one person. It's even more serious when you're going to lose potentially 10 people and you are doing nothing to replace those warm bodies.

I know...time to start looking for another job.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vi said...

You took the words out of my mouth with that last line.

You'd be amazed how much your life would change if you switched jobs.

I know, easier said than done, but you know you would feel so much better for it.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home