My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Media Circus

Is anyone else tired of looking up from their desk to see the same story on the news? *raises his hand*

If any of you don't already know by now, I loathe the fact that my office has CNN playing on a huge Flatscreen. I have purposefully moved objects to obstruct my view at the hideous brain sucking anomaly...yes, I hate it that much. I reserve that word 'hate' for very few things in this world, and I can't think of one more deserving than the News.

They really know how to beat a dead horse or to suck the life out of every story they get their hands upon. Today, I noticed them conducting an interview with the Gunman's family Mailman~Their fucking mailman!

What a great story I say! Let's interview the guy that carries the family's mail! Habib the mail carrier gives a very convincing scenario of the family's home life. Here's your 5 minutes of fame Habib, good-fucking-game. They'll play that for several hours until they think of some other fantastic spin-off story.

And now the subject of Gun Control on the news. This is as useless and time consuming as the cease-firewar on Drugs. What will it solve? People will still get guns, they'll still shoot eachother, and the rest of the world will continue to believe that we are all clinically insane (which is debatable) for not making them illegal. How do you make something illegal that was written into our laws during Colonial times? You fucking don't...period.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

I hate it when I do that. :P


I avoid the news always. It's too damn depressing. Between my mom, sister, and a friend I catch enough of the important stuff.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Vi said...

You are in my version of hell, having to watch the news all the time. Think I've told you that before.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Someone must've heard my complaint about it yesterday. I walked into work today to discover that someone has turned the monitor off.

I've never been so at peace here at work until now.

12:27 PM  
Blogger always kris said...

I totally agree with you on the gun control issue and you are the first to say it, so thank you!

Taking away guns wont stop the killings. Has everyone forgotten about Oklahoma City bombing? What do we do about that? Outlaw bomb making materials?

9:25 AM  
Blogger Ordinary Girl said...

I'm tired of looking up from my desk and seeing no new posts from Tobi!

8:12 AM  
Blogger ArtfullyDodging said...

I HATE HATE HATE CNN. That's almost what is always playing at the gym on like three fucking TVs that are all right next to each other. Umm, if you have three TVs wouldn't it make sense to have them playing different things? You would think so, but apparently not. As if being on the treadmill 4 times a week isn't bad enough, they have to add insult to injury by playing the shitty ass news. GRR.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home