My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, August 03, 2007

Happy being Single

For the first time in a very long time, it occurred to me that I'm happy being without a significant other. I can't really tell when I reached this stage, but I know it's been a recent realization. In the mean time, I am still enjoying the scenery provided by the mild summer weather. I have my fingers crossed that we'll continue with this fucktasticly good weather.

Also recently, I have been contacted by some noteworthy people on Myspace. Yes, I still spend a little time looking for old friends and maybe some new ones. Specifically, a few girlies from High School contacted me. It's nice to see how they've turned out after almost no communication with them in the last decade. One was a girl that I was way attracted to, but I honestly didn't think she knew I existed. It really doesn't take much these days, but I felt really pleased that she would contact me out of nowhere. How the hell did I miss out on all of these lovely girls in High School? Oh yeah~I was an ignorant boy...now I'm just an ignorant man.

Moving on...

My reading binge is still in full effect lately. I'm surprised how much this improves my 'on demand' vocabulary when I speak and write. I just started on a freaking huge series of books, so it looks like I'll be well occupied for quite a few weeks now. I'm currently on the first book, 'Wizards First Rule', by Terry Goodkind. Damned good so far, and I've already lost a few days worth of sleep on it so far.

This will be the first weekend in a few months that I wont have my kiddies around, so I'm looking forward to sleeping in and feeding my brain. I might even visit some friends I haven't seen in a while (as a result of my Hermitism). *shrugs* The bottom line is that I don't have to entertain anyone else but myself. So nice to do that once in a while.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Now if I can only get through the remaining 6 hours of this fucking shift! >< ><

2 Comments:

Blogger LD2 said...

Sometimes it is nice just to enjoy doing whatever you want, instead of what someone else wants or you should do for them...

Hope your weekend went swell. :>

9:52 PM  
Blogger ArtfullyDodging said...

Sometimes I wish I could revisit high school (not for all four years!!) knowing what I know now. It'd be interestig.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home