My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Thursday, September 27, 2007

What inspires me?

Over the years, I haven't been able to pin down exactly what inspires me to write. The only true commonality was that they were absolutely impulsive.

On the day my daughter was born, I wrote a poem because I couldn't think of anything else to do while she was sleeping. She was born premature and had a very weak heartbeat at birth, so my wife and I were very distraught until they gave us the green light to take her home. I haven't looked at the poem since I wrote it, but I remember vividly trying to muster (more like clutching desperately to~) anything positive out of the situation I could.

On the day I saw that bright neon blue object in the sky (cinco De Mayo BABY), I wrote scores of words about how much it changed my view of the universe.

On those days when I was dumped, I cried in anguish and wrote some of the best material to date.

I guess you could say that situations with deep emotions could cause me to be inspired, but they're impulsive none-the-less.

Why do I bring up what inspires me? Good question...the reason is pretty simple; I've been reading some new blogs lately and it's given me some things to think about. I'm inspired by their courage, their quirks, and most definitely, their Humanity. It still amazes me how quickly I can get caught up in other peoples' lives by reading their blogs. I find myself completely helpless to resist reading every post I can fit into my eye sockets. Blog crush? Probably...is it contageous, I sure-fucking hope not!

I'd like to be more consistent with keeping this place updated, but I just haven't felt like I had much to share, even if it would be just to have some sort of record of it. Maybe writing for the sake of writing is healthy? Unfortunately, I think i'm out of things to talk about for now. Thanks for stopping by!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vi said...

Glad to see you are still out there tobi, even if its more reading than writing. I reckon there's still some life in you yet!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

i often find inspiration from other bloggers and what they courageous and /or humorously share. blogging is such a great way to open ourselves up- not just by sharing our own stories but by connecting with others in their pain, their struggle and (well said by you) their humanity.

glad you're here. :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I totally relate to not feeling inspired to write. It's why I rarely update my journal anymore. I guess it just seems like the events in my life aren't significant enough to write about. I do make private entries on occasion though to help get my thoughts in order. But that's about it.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home