My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Damage Control

Have I already mentioned that the process of damage control is not one of my favorite activities? Well, there's a good reason for it, especially when the situation is still very new to me.

Pebbles and I talked about things after a prolonged delay on my part to call her. It was immature, yes, but I was not wanting to hear the words 'let's end this', hence my delay. She's still very hesitant to move forward in this relationship, and I guess I can't fault her for it. She has every right to be cautious about accepting me into her life. For now, we've reverted back to our long conversations and pining, but I'm still feeling the sting of our religious conversation lingering.

Side note: I gave her the name Pebbles because that was the costume she was wearing when I first started talking with her. You're right Trix, it's time I gave her a name since she holds significance in my life.

We talked about our chat conversation and how it's something she's struggling with. Her logic is that, in the Christian world, the male figure is the focal point of a family. For lack of a better description, she worded it like they expect the male to be the one to lead by example. To further reinforce her point, it's not acceptable to date or marry to non-Christians. I can't say I completely agree with this and I also wont hide the fact that I am opposed to this way of thinking.

I can't ask her to choose between us (Me vs God), but I can see this as a potential roadblock to moving things forward. I know this is something she struggles with and I will support her choice regardless. Even if this means I'm not the one she chooses. I'm as prepared as I can be for such a choice, but it wont be any less painful. At this point, I'm hopeful and optimistic.


To Share or Not to Share

The subject of my Blog came up recently and Pebbles jokingly asked when I was going to give her the link. I winced when she said it and I answered honestly with a reluctant 'not right now'. She told me that she's very curious to know what I write about, but on the other hand, is afraid that something might show up as a 'deal breaker'.

Here's where I tell you that I'm now scared to share this with her as I know she may not appreciate my recent comments about religion. Here's also where I ask my readers for some advice since your viewpoints are important to me.

How would you approach this particular subject? Is it wise to expose this side of me to her this early in our relations?

I believe that, if I do decide to share this with her, I may not have to edit very much of this blog because only the last few weeks pertains to her. But what about the prospect of censoring myself? That's one of the down-sides to sharing this with her, and one that is weighing heavily upon my decision.

I'm thinking now I shouldn't have mentioned it, but blogging is as much apart of my life as anything. How could I not have shared that I'm a blogger?

*sigh* Rough times ahead people, but they're what we live for, right?

We'll see how things progress, shall we?

6 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

DON'T GIVE THE URL TO HER OMFG. Also? She can fuck a non-christian but not date or marry one? AWESOME.

I really wouldn't give your blog info out until you get passed this hurdle and initial getting to know her phase. I'd hate to see you censor yourself or have her prematurely judge you out of context.

PS My word verification is "gratest"

6:47 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

I'm glad I trusted my gut instinct (which vaguely felt like someone punching me in the face) to tell her that it wont be revealed at this time.

Having her take something out of context is pretty close to worst case scenario as far as I'm concerned.

My word verification is 'vater'...I'm not sure what to think about that except for my former jedi padiwan.

Yes, I'm a nerd.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

I'm with Sam on this one...don't give it out!

Plus I was going to say the same thing, she's slept with you and NOW she's worried about dating you?

I know plenty of christians with non christians, she's somehow got to get over this, and stop trying to convert you. I guess it's her pastor, or whatever he/she is, who's trying to get her to convert you.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

I agree with sam and trixie. And I would like to add that it sounds like she's looking for a deal breaker.

And here's my mean anti-christian comment I was trying to suppress...Aren't christians supposed to wait until marriage to have sex?

Ok, that's all on the religion front.

P.S. I'm a nerd too, nerds are awesome. :P

6:17 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

I'm chiming in to say don't give it to her. Not yet. It's early on in the relationship. What if you were to stop seeing her and she could read all your personal feelings on the matter or if you get in an argument about something? Then you will have to censor yourself.

I've seen it happen too many times. Hell, I struggle with it myself.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

4 No's; I can't argue with that!

Thanks for your input, Ladies. I can always count on you to steer me in the right direction.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home