My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Maybe I didn't say this loud enough

but, I don't talk about the subject of religion for a very good reason; I simply don't think anything of it at all anymore. I call this 'indifference' to those that ask me about it, however, I do feel very strongly about my beliefs. So strong, in fact, that I don't want to discuss them with anyone but those I know would agree with me. For those that I know would not agree with me, I don't think they are capable of understanding my viewpoint, nor is it worth it getting into a discussion with them because of it. It's insulting, I'm aware of that...now you know why I don't talk about religion. Hah, maybe this says something about me, but at this point in my life, I don't give a shit what others think.

I'm indifferent to others' opinions of it, I guess. Does that make sense? I no longer care what other people believe which is why I don't share my viewpoints on it. This brings me to the reason I bring up this particular taboo subject; my prospective female interest brought up the subject of religion with me over chat (yes Trixie, I can't seem to get away from using this particular form of communications as much as I loathe it). Big mistake!

I'm not going to blame the alcohol I was drinking last night, nor will I say she caught me at a bad time because anytime is a bad time for me to discuss my political and religious viewpoints. I dunno if I 'won' the argument or not, but I still feel like it was a loss in general. Girl interest brought up the prospect of taking hypothetical children to church whereas I told her I wouldn't encourage or discourage it. I think it's pretty simple a concept, but she didn't seem to accept it as easily as I saw things. At the time, there were many occasions I was glad she couldn't see my eyes rolling at her.

Moving on, we didn't exactly end the evening feeling all warm and fuzzy. Things ended with her saying that there was nothing more to say and me wishing her a good night, then logging-the-fuck out of the chat client as quickly as possible. I doubt very seriously that this girl wants to continue with her relations with me, but I'm hoping she will see that I don't think any less of her for going to church, nor will I tell my children they can't believe in what they believe. Frankly, if she rejects me because of this, I'll be a little sad and that's about it.

Her point was that having a family that was divided was not something she wanted. Sorry babe...I am just not that concerned about it. When it comes to this particular subject, I'm an un-moveable object. Some would call it being 'close-minded' and they may be right about that, but it doesn't change my mind about it. On the same subject, I wont deny her the enjoyment of going, but I sure as hell do not plan on attending services of any kind in the near or far future.

Years ago, I rejected religion in my life because it was excess baggage that I just didn't want or have need for. Since that time, I tend to keep my mouth shut about it because it's not worthy of my time to discuss, especially with those that will never understand it. I'm repeating myself now, so I'll stop feeling guilty for how things turned out last night.

Dating women that were religious was once a big 'deal breaker', but nowadays, I am very accepting of others' beliefs. I'm respectful to their beliefs as I expect them to do the same for mine. Is this really that hard to comprehend?

I'm done feeling bad about this and now I'm absolutely pissy that I have to initiate damage control with current female interest because of it. Fuck, why do you females have to be so goddamn difficult? See why I was so content to be single for so long? You may be yummy to the touch and taste, but fuuuuuuck, is this really that important to get butthurt about?

Okay, rant over. We'll see how this turns out and rest assured you'll probably hear more about this. Yay me (no, not really)!

4 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

Hopefully she'll come around. I'm with you, not religious, I did it in my youth, as a faze. She just has to realise that you have your own mind, and not to try and change it. Unfortunately, bible bashers do keep going on and on. I hope she really isn't one of them. BTW, it's about time you gave her a name! lol

1:59 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

Yay you!

I hear ya with the religon thing. Ive noticed Ive become even more anti it over the past few years, and i think that has been to do with seeing more bullshit more clearly on internet and cable tv etc. The Phelps are my argument against any one religon being right.

But, as long as you get to touch and taste her (hee), then don't let it dealbreak, for now.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Oh noes! I hope this doesn't end badly. I don't understand why some people insist on discussing something that is private if the other wishes not to. I also don't get why some expect you to come to some agreement. You either do or don't.

Maybe she'll come to her senses and see this isn't as big a deal as she thinks. :)

6:27 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Churchy people + non-churchy people = DOES NOT MIX WELL. Non-churchy people tend to be more laid back about it while the others? OMG rapid church going dogs. Duuuuude. I am so sorry that this chick needs to discuss going to church instead of just laying back for some deep-dicking goodness. Damn wimmins and their craziness.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home