My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, November 17, 2008

My Least Favorite Acronym: LJBF

I've always said that one of the worst phrases to hear as a guy is 'Let's just be friends'. Let's not, shall we? Hehe, not so much the case now that i've had a chance to use it myself.

I finally broke down this weekend and told Pebbles the truth. It wasn't what she wanted to hear, but shortly thereafter, she was reinforcing my decision with her own conclusions. Neither one of us were really willing to change, nor were we asking the other to do so. Change happens from your own choice and shouldn't be influenced by others unless you're doing it for yourself (in the end~no pun intended). It was a relief to have it all out in the open like that and that alone was worth the cost of possibly hurting her. Fortunately, like two mature adults, we recognized that there shouldn't be so many obstacles to go through this early in the courting process and agreed to try to be friends.

Unless she decides to stop living the Christian lifestyle, I don't think we'll ever go beyond the friend-zone, which is okay by me. I have room in my heart for another friend, even if we don't agree on religion, or music, or settling in the same geographic areas, or general hobbies, or .

The end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

well done you! At least you didn't use the line...it isn't you, it's me, lol. You never know, if she's a new christian, it may be just a faze, so well worth keeping in touch.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Yay for you! You were straight with her in a way that didn't hurt her. I think this was a good experience for you even if the outcome wasn't quite what you hoped for. Kinda breaking into things again. :)

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home