My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Wish I could say...

that things were going better with Pebbles, but that'd be a lie. We've already had some hurdles get in our way and I'll admit neither one of us has handled it with very much agility. It seems that our conversations are getting less and less full of substance like they were initially. Lately, I feel like when we're on the phone that I can't wait to end our conversations.

This evening, for example: We're on the phone and she's on her computer at the same time. Our conversation consisted of several instances of prolonged silence. I'm not a huge fan of the phone, nor am I an advocate of prolonged silences, so I trying to find things to talk about. Big mistake because I just start picking topics at random. Why talk on the phone if you're not going to say shit? And texting? Someone please shoot me.

I feel like I'm trying to swim against the current sometimes. Especially with the floundering conversation. Should it require this much work? I can't seem to remember it being this hard to like someone.

I get the impression that she's trying to push me away, but I'm not entirely sure why this is. She's admitted that her father pointed this out to her; that she is behaving as if she's trying to push me away. And the comments she makes to me about how little we have in common are sure signs that she's 'helping' me make this decision. If that's the case, then why do I feel guilty about being in silent agreement with her?

The fact remains that it's starting to make sense that we don't have a lot in common after all. I can't seem to like any of the music she's recommended (it all sounds the same to me). She's never smoked pot and makes contemptuous remarks about it whenever the subject comes up. She doesn't eat any seafood at all; how can you not like seafood?? There's a lot more that I could say, but it's all adding up to the same conclusion; compatability or lack thereof.

The hardest factor to ignore is that she's a new Christian and there's still the possibility she can choose that over me. I honestly believe that I'm no match for religion when it comes to relationships. To go much farther in this relationship and then finally be rejected because of her faith would seriously piss me off.

I feel that I should just get this over with and end things before it gets any more serious. Why do relationships have to be so complicated? I thought I was ready for a girlfriend, but now that I have one, why do I want to give her back? I know what I need to do, but it doesn't make this any easier for me to tell her.

*sigh* To be continued....

4 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

Doesn't like seafood or pot?

Nah.... get rid!!!!

I guess it was a physical attraction in the beginnning and once you've gotten over that, you realise there is not much else?

Happens often unfortunately.

Good luck!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

It's not that hard when you find someone worth it.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Ditto what they said. It sounds more like she's a douche canoe than you not being ready. No pot, no seafood and yes God? No thanks, dude. I'd bail.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Globus said...

she clearly ain't the right one, kiddo. otherwise you wouldn't be running out of things to say, or feeling like you don't have stuff in common. you need stuff in common, and there are plenty more fish, so keep looking.....

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home