My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Questioning the LJBF issue

So it's been less than a week since I broke things off with Pebbles and it she's already moved onto the next guy. This is something that shouldn't bug me, but i'd be big, fat dirty liar if I said otherwise. On Myspace, she blatantly has changed her status to 'In a relationship' and leaves her new man 'I love you' caliber messages on his comment page as a daily occurrance. Seriously?!!?

Sure you're right for criticising me for even having a myspace page still, but that's not really the point i'm driving at here. I can't believe just how close I was to having Pebbles say the 'L' word to me that early in our relationship. If she had, I think I would've known by then that she wasn't the woman for me.

And exactly when do I think is a good time to say the 'L' word? Shit, I dunno...I've always felt weird about when I should say it, especially if I've just met the woman. Is a month of constant exposure long enough to say it? Probably not. 2 months then? I guess it would depend on how strong the bond is between me and the other person.

Presently, I love (including my Mother, Sisters, and my daughter) only a few women. I have at least 3 female friends that I consider to be worthy of bearing my children, but fortunately (for them), they're all emotionally unavailable. I truly feel love in my heart for them because I both admire and adore them. They got under my skin without asking for it and nothing they can do will ever change that. Even if my friendship means I never get to sample what their bodily fluids taste like, I'm content with our respective relationships.

What these 3 have in common is that they were all very honest about what they wanted with me. I wont say I wasn't a little hurt that they didn't want to exchange bodily fluids, but hey, at least I get to really see what they're like on the inside.

Another female friend of mine shared some wisdom with me recently, and I really like how it sounded. She explained that she believes that everyone has more than one person that can be their 'perfect match'. Leaving your heart open to love more people is a hard thing to do, but the rewards are worth it when you take the risk.

I guess what I'm driving at is that I do think love can develop pretty early in a relationship, but how to differentiate that from infatuation is the trick. I believe I was infatuated with Pebbles, but it wasn't enough for me to overlook our obvious differences.

In the end, looking back, and seeing how things are at present, I'm still glad I broke things off before they got too complicated. I have taken this experience and have further narrowed down my idea of the perfect woman. It's still a win, people, even if I don't get free sex anymore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Now I REALLY don't like her. Gross! You did the right thing. I'm going to ignore the MySpace thing. la la la I didn't read that la la la.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home