My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, November 24, 2008

Saturday Night

That evening, I went to Oakland to spend some time with a close friend. We met up with her in the evening at a Sushi Bar that also happened to have a 'bottomless' glass of Sake (I still get weak in the knees thinking about it..) policy. Not only was the food awesome, but I fell in love with at least two women at the table while finishing my 1 glass of Sake. It's true I only drank 1, but I should also mention that there was a waiter entirely dedicated to keep everyone's glass full of Sake. He's a bastard.

By the time we finished the Sake, I was well beyond the point of knowing my whereabouts much less the direction I was corralled. We eventually made it to a bar that was somehow familiar to me (I discovered the next day that I had been there before) and I ordered only one more drink. This was that 'threshhold drink' I refer to previously that just sends you beyond the range of remembering the whole evening clearly. I remember pockets of the evening where I was talking to actual females and discussing a whole plethoric amount of topics, then the bar suddenly closed and I had no clue where my friends had gone. Surely we've all had nights like this?

For the next 3 hours, I wandered the streets trying to figure out how the hell I was going to get home without my ATM card (which I discovered later had been left at the Bar I was at earlier) or cash. Eventually, I found my way to my friend's place without injury other than my pride. I slept soundly knowing it could've turned out much worse if I had stayed on the street longer.


Sunday Morning/Afternoon/Evening

When I woke up at my friend's house, I silently breathed a sigh of relief to my fortune (of surviving the evening unscathed) and repeatedly expressed my appreciation for the un-announced request for refuge. He's cool like that (I call him Trey Cool because he is that cool), and even loaned me $20 to grab breakfast while I waited for the Bar to open (so I could get my ATM card back).

I signed my name on the reservation list with a '1' next to my name (to define how many were eating at the table) and waited outside patiently for them to call me. In that time, I was asked by a young woman if my name was 'Norman'. She was checking to see if I was the name they called, but I used this opportunity to strike up a conversation. Off the subject slightly, I read some random advice recently and decided to comply with it (It suggested I should 'take a chance to strike up a conversation with a random person'). The result was a very brief, interesting conversation with a comely stranger. After about 20 minutes, we noticed more and more people being brought into the cafe without such as word from the person maintaining the list. Eventually, we confronted the host and asked him where we were on the order of things. Dipshit apologized for not calling either of our names and said there were two tables available. I'm glad we said something otherwise we would've had to entertain eachother unnecessarily.

On impulse, I asked her to join me for lunch since we had just spent a great deal of time chatting. She accepted without much of a struggle (I'm totally charming like that) and we proceeded to continue our conversation, face to face.

We talked about everything from seasonal Holidays (Xmas, Thanksgiving, and other lesser mentionable religeous Holidays) to our reasoning for where we chose to call 'home'. Needless to say, I enjoyed her company and presumably, she did as well.

She had what I thought might be an engagement ring on her left 'ring' finger, but never, once, mentioned that she was unavailable. Usually, women will let you know if they're available or not, right? I've met uninterested women in the past and they quickly let you know they're 'taken'. I got the feeling that it might just be some way to keep unwanted attention to her, but admittedly, I was too chickenshit to ask for her number when it came time to say 'goodbye'.

I figured it was enough to ask her to have lunch with me and the thought of having a 'no' in my seemingly perfect afternoon would've sullied it in some way. And now I'm thinking I should've asked for it. What did I have to lose?

Before we departed, I told her I would see her again on 'Missed Connections' and thanked her for her company. Here's what I wrote the next evening with the hope of hearing from her again. I don't expect her to contact me, but it would be nice to see her beautiful blue eyes again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

Sounds like the brief relationship with Pebbles has given you the much needed confidence back on chatting up women!

Even if you don't hear from her again...you are well on the way to finding somebody else!

4:03 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

ditto.

You are out there, meeting people, talking to chicks, having a good time. That's wonderful. :)

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home