My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Recovering from having a gun pointed in your face

It's really much harder than you would think. I am still in shock and don't know how much longer it will take before I snap out of it. I don't really want to make a big deal about it, but I suppose it will help to talk about it some. My initial post was successful in telling exactly how detached I am from the experience. Even as the events replay in my head over and over again, I can't help but think how much worse it could've gone for me. Slowly, I'm coming out of my haze, which hopefully means I can drop this issue entirely.

Still, it's been a great lesson to have as a reminder. I would've much preferred a different way of getting said reminder, but hey, we can't really be picky about where we learn life's most important lessons; Survival.

Much like the first time this happened, I'm quite frustrated with how our Society has deteriorated in that children are committing Felonies. Every time I have gone back into public, I am reminded of how this is all the fault of Parents everywhere.

In the Taco Shop near my house, I watched a kid, no more than 5 years old tell his Mom that he was thirsty. He even told her to get him a coke to which she obediently did so. No fucking 'please', no 'may I', but 'Mom, get me a coke'!!! What the fuck Bitch? Did you leave your goddam self respect back at the Dry Cleaners? It's people like you (that don't raise your pimp-hand to your fucking disrespectful spawn) that are to blame for what happened to me! Learn to put the fear of retribution in your children! I was so infuriated by this blatant lack of respect that I almost got myself punched in the face (when I asked her if she was going to let her kid talk to her like that). Her response..."He's just 5! And mine yo own bidness".

Mind my own business...no...I don't think i'll do that anymore. That's my business now. And every time I see it, I'm going to be that asshole parent that is telling you how to raise your little Satan's Spawn. Obviously, if I have to tell you how to raise your kids, then yeah, you don't deserve to reproduce. Simple as that.

What makes me most angry about this is that I am, again, facing the possibility that I can no longer be the nice person I once was because he only ends up being the victum. I probably wouldn't do much to discourage a fight because I'm anxious to pound someone's face. This is what concerns me. I'm normally a pacifist. Not the case lately. Hopefully this is just something I'll get over with and I sincerely would prefer this to be the case. I don't need to get into a fight much less get my ass thrown in jail for no good reason.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

I'm betting the five year old was copying dad or grandpa or someone. Mom is probably used to being spoken to like that. When my oldest moved back in with me after being with her dad a year, I was shocked at how she acts when she gets mad. I call her Jeff Jr to piss her off, and shock her into un-learning how she has seen him act most of her life. Not as rude as the kid you saw, but just LOUD!

My little one was too young when we split up to learn his bad habits. :)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

My kids have to be de-programmed to some degree, but I'm sure my ex says the same about when they return to her place.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home