My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, May 18, 2009

The dance of two left feet

I've never been much of a dancer except when I took that Ballroom Dancing class (several years ago). It's even worse now that I'm involved in this informal version of a dance to which I have no idea where to put my feet. I am used to falling on my face, but it doesn't prevent me from flinching while thinking about it.

I'm referring, of course, to this dance of subtlety involved in the courting process. I realize that we have not even come to the point of courting, but I can't help but try to plan my moves early...just in case. This is another one of those neurotic, stupid feelings I have when I meet someone that interests me. They're on my mind often, I read way too much into their communications and I become terribly impatient. It's no surprise that, thus far, my life has been full of unsuccessful relationships.

A good friend decided to slap some sense into me by reminding me of how this stupid dance works. I have been showing entirely too much interest in Salon Girl, and I need to just fucking 'wait and see'. I acknowledge this, so I'm now going to back off and wait~exactly what I don't really feel like doing.

And now she has sent me her 2nd email today after the first one explained that she was bored out of her mind. I should really stop reading into this and let things happen on their own. But where's the fun in that?

I just said 'to hell with it' and asked her for her phone number since I never directly asked her for it. To my relief, her reply included her phone number. Why was that so hard? Probably because I can't turn off my fucking brain.

So next comes my call...which I think is going to be easier than actually asking for her phone number. I've already talked to her on the phone, so we shall see where that takes us.

I have a few places in mind for a first date or whatever it's called; The Hookah Lounge or Bowling...maybe Sushi. I like all 3 ideas, but the Hookah Lounge seems like it's the best option considering she's a casual smoker.

Stay tuned for more neurotic over-analysis!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Yay! Sounds like it's off to a good start. :)

5:23 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Oh! I love neurotic over-analysis!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home