My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, May 04, 2009

Peddling and Pedaling

I'm doing the latter because riding a bike is a much safer to do at night and I have a slightly less probability of being robbed. It's also a good way to get into shape.

Since last Monday (April 27th), I have been riding my bike no less than 6 miles per day (except weekends where I ride around to various stores/businesses at my leisure). I feel great and didn't realize which muscles are being used to ride a bike. The first week, was very rough, but I have been progressively making better time each day.

It's been a long time since I rode a bicycle anywhere. In fact, it's been since my late teens since I actually rode one other than out of amusement. The last time I rode one was when I was visiting my Sis in Santa Barbara. I would only visit during the Halloween season because it's a bustling city of young intoxicated females. Anyway, I rode around on a bike and it surprises me to this day that I didn't crash in spite of my intoxicated state.

By my count, that puts the date sometime almost 15 years ago when I rode a bicycle last. I'm frankly amazed at how quickly the body remembers the motions. I feel a lot more confident on it, but there are still some things I need before I feel entirely safe, namely a helmet and some lights.

So that's all for today. Hopefully it will stop raining so I can cruise home instead of taking the Bus. Fuck the bus.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

I'd rather bike than bus.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a collapsable bike, but because I know of no one who lives in Brooklyn, I just leave it upstairs. I feel like I need an actual destination to get me moving. :(

7:32 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Having just bought my bike, I have to agree with you its good...I just need to actually get on mine more, I cant ride to work, need the car.

Oh and please explain more on what happened with the robbery???

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home