My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Random story

So as you know, I have been taking public transportation for a while now. And in doing so, I generally see the same people quite frequently. I see the Bus drivers especially more often than anyone else, so I naturally want to know their names. I dont know why this is, but I figure I see someone every day, why not find out their name?

There's this one woman bus driver I see almost every day and the first time I asked for her name, she refused to tell me. From that point on, I was determined to continue to guess her name until I was correct. Plus, she's cute, what's the harm in a little game I never intended to win?

In keeping my promise, because I'm just crazy like that, every day I saw her, I gave her a new name.

Today was the day my guess was finally correct. I was just standing in line to get onto the bus and the name just formulated in my head. Introspectively, I randomly thought of a name I've heard Aussies use (I think to define as some random female) and chose it on impulse. When I said, 'good morning Sheila', her expression went from her usual smile to that of shock.

"What did you say??" She said wide-eyed.
"Um, good morning Sheila?"
"H-how did you come up with that?" still in bewildered surprise.
"How did I come up with it? I dunno, I was thinking about Sheila E" (lying because I didn't want her to think I was calling her some Sheila) still clueless as to what she was asking...typical.
"My name, that's my name!"
"You're kidding me!!!" She showed me her bus driver ID...yup...Sheila!

I think my reaction was enough for her to see that I guessed her name at random. I was totally caught off-guard because I never thought I would ever guess it. Hell, I started with 'A' and decided to work my way up the alphabet. Once I ran out of 'A' names, I decided to just start picking names at random...usually while I was just stepping on board the bus.

Honestly, I thought it would never happen, and quite frankly, it was fun coming up with new names every time I saw her. It was like our own inside joke and now I don't know what to do. I feel that our little game just ended too quickly and now I'm struggling to figure out how to replace it.

The end.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

That's cute. Does she know your name? You could make her guess.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Tobiassen Twain said...

I told her my name when I first met her and as soon as I found out her name.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

That's wild!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home